Friday, March 15, 2013

We need a luck dragon!

Guys, this one really hurts. :(  Look away if you're squeamish. This poor baby is Falkor. He started out with a case of demodex mange, which has gone untreated and turned into massive skin infections. On top of that, he's emaciated to the point of starvation.

LBR found out about this baby and couldn't leave him in the shelter, even though we're not really sure if he's a boxer or a mix of who knows what! A pawsome foster home stepped up (thank you, Auntie Kathy!), and he's being rushed to an LBR vet first thing in the morning. Our Pack Leader, Auntie Sharon, exercised presidential privilege and chose his name herself. He's named after the luck dragon from The Neverending Story.


Luck dragons exist on pure luck and can pull through absolutely impossible situations. We know that our Falkor will show some of the same luck. He'll be healthy and happy in no time, and LBR will find him the most pawsome furever home ever! Falkor is going to need a lot of vet care, so if you'd like to make a donation, click here!

Update: Falkor made it through the night and is at an LBR vet now getting the care he needs! Now that we've gotten a better look at him, we think he might be an English Bulldog, but it's still hard to tell. I'll keep you updated on his health. But did you know the amazing fans of LBR have already raised over $4,000 for Falkor's vet bills?! Just since last night! WOW! Thanks, everyone!

Sad update: Falkor went to the Rainbow Bridge late this morning. His little heart just couldn't handle everything he was going through. :(  The donation link has been disabled, but thank you to everyone who donated!

*****

While we celebrate the Power of the Paw for Falkor, today is a special day in Blogville for TWO reasons! Furst, it's the Beach Pawty Bash for my furiends Stuart and Ranger, who are both celebrating their barkday today!!


As you can see, Cinderella and I are all ready to enjoy a beach pawty.


Happy barkday, Stuart and Ranger!!! I hope all my furiends stop on by your pawty and make it a HUGE success.

*****

Second, today is the FURST ever PIP and PUDDLES Appreciation Day!!


Pip and Puddles were some of my very furst furiends when I came to Blogville. Puddles taught me how to have my own voice on my blog, to never be ashamed of being utterly gawjuss, and to embrace my inner squirrel-deader.


Pip taught me so much about the impawtance of enjoying every moment of life with his recent Blog World Tour. No matter what life throws at you, it's important to enjoy the little things and take life by the horns!


Thank you for being my furiends, Pip and Puddles! You two are welcome in Texas any time you want. I'll keep the beer and cheetos stocked!!


14 comments:

  1. Oh that was a great post...we will stop by later and leave something on the chipin....the picture created lots of emotions but mostly it broke our hearts...please keep us updated on Falkor....he is going to show us all up in the end...stay strong little buddy!!
    stella rose and mags

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY STARS!! Poor Falkor! I hope he feels better very soon. Poor baby!

    Yay for Pip and Puddles!

    Mamma Heartbeat

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying. Ugh. So hard to see those stories. Praying for a good outcome!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hope Falkor is better soon. Have a fabulous Pip & Puddles Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH POOR FALKOR.

    Hey I just saw you two getting ready to hit the High SURF ... Hope you waxed your boards up good... This is a fangtastic Beach Birfday.
    Lovely tribute to Pip and Puddles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have all our paws crossed that baby Falkor gets better quickly. Poor baby.Thanks for helping him!!

    Please let us know how he is doing over time!

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending special rottie POTP to Falkor!

    -Bart, Ruby and Otto

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless Falkor's precious little heart and all of the volunteers at LBR.
    We hope and purr to see a well fed and happy boxer mix down the road.

    Lots of fun in Blogville today.
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!!!!! How could anyone do this to this poor angel!!! My paws are crossed so tight for him!! Thank goodness he is in a foster home now!!! I will try and make a small donation.

    Thanks also for your kind words! In celebration of this day we are returning the long horn to Texas, his home!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear gawd what a horrible thing to sees a baby dog...or any dog...in dat kind of condition. I just not understand peoples. I am so thankful ya'll was ables to step up and helps Falkor (love da name). I will have my paws tightly crossed fur him.

    Thank you dear Casey furs da luverly tribute to me and Pip! It feels good to knows I had a paw in givin' you a blog voice. At last it was a bad thing...hehehehe. I is glad I could sumptin' udder than how to guzzle a six pack in less than a minute. Thank you fur bein' a part of dis special day and thank you fur your furiendship.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just saw a post about Falkor on facebook and it said he might be a english bulldog...oh my stars he is so skinny...we wish we could run over and hug him and whisper in his ear to please please get better...we know there is a forever home who will love him always just waiting out here for him. Please tell him that from us.
    stella rose and mags

    ReplyDelete
  12. we went to the chip in but don't know if it is open or not.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sad about Falkor and how he must have suffered. I am also happy for him, cause now he is running free across the Rainbow Bridge and he is pain free. I imagine it to be so beautiful and he can run and run and run surrounded by loving pals and no more sadness.

    It is a great party day here in Blogville. I have been making the rounds to Ranger and Stuart and to Puddles and Pip. What a fun day for all of us

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG...How can someone let this happen to this wonderful little angel. Our hearts are breaking for him. I guess our only comfort is knowing he isn't suffering anymore.

    ReplyDelete