Friday, March 23, 2012

National Puppy Day

Today is going to make Maggie Mae swoon, because it's National Puppy Day! How else could I possibly celebrate that than with a post all about the puppies of LBR? First, the current lineup:

I didn't think Marilyn Monroe would be with us more than a week, but she's taking her time to find her furever home.


Bently got rescued along with his momma from the shelter, and he loves his new foster home.


Tulip sez, "Shh! Iz hiding."


Handsome Moby is all better after his fight against Parvo. Isn't he gorgeous?


And, of course, a few puppies from LBR's past. Who could forget little Tuna Roll (now Trinity), one of the Wasabi pups, LBR's most recent litter?


And, of course, her big brother Sake (now Bonsai).


Here's cute little Peter doing the boxer head-tilt.


Little Junebug is practicing her pouncing in the grass.



Clue is sharing his observations of the world with his foster brother, LBR alum Ivan.


And, of course, we can't forget the most famous pup in LBR's history, Baby Perseus. This little guy was surrendered to us at only 24 hours old, and his entire puppyhood was shared with LBR's facebook fans. He's now known as Huxley and is a completely gorgeous boy!



I hope you enjoyed your puppy post! But remember, these puppies may be cute, but shelters are full of dogs that used to be cute little puppies. Spay or neuter your pets, and prevent cute little guys like this from growing up abandoned or worse, being put down in some shelter.

12 comments:

  1. Ummm, you're making Mrs. Master want a little Boxer puppy and OBVIOUSLY she is only to have huskies. Please stop with all the cuteness.

    xoxo,

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all that puppy goodness!!! Thanks Casey you've made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the love of PETE! Could this post be ANY cuter! *sigh*

    Mamma Heartbeat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a post full of cuteness! My Mom is going all squeeeee and my Dad's going all noooooo! No more pups for us while I'm in the house, but Mom would scoop up one of these in a heartbeat! BOL. Totally adorable.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog Casey, I am glad Peter Panda Bear (as I called him) made it he is looking down to us from Heaven. And of course, my internet puppy had to make it love me some Percy-Huxley.

    Joana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good gawd, why you not has a WRNING on dis post? I has busted ear drums cuz my mum was all squeeeeeeelin' likes a pig lookin' at dis cuteness.
    Don't gets me wrong...they ALL my adorables but dat Peter tugged on my heartstrings.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom and I agree with Ms. Puddles...oh my dogs those are some most adorable puppies. I think even I, Madi the Diva Cat, would love to snuggle with them.
    Hugs
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, how did I not know that it's national puppy day?! Totally made my day! These are such cute pictures, thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nuttin better than puppy breath!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent Post, excellent reminder

    ReplyDelete
  11. all cute fur sure!

    ReplyDelete